Papillon Volume 2!



Volume 2 has finally been released! Read on to hear about some fun stuff that's in-mag!

Due to a few hiccups we released a bit later than promised, but we held back due to Protests and such that was going on as well out of respect.

I really feel that compared to Volume 1 there is so MUCH MORE content, but I do believe we're jam-packed of some awesome content!! As I am writing this post I haven't seen the final product myself, nor most of the spreads finalized, but I am so excited!

Doing a Beginner's Guide came quite naturally to us, we had noticed a surge in beginners which is so exciting to me after being for so long in the comm!



Along with my outfit shots, I also got together with Dededo (for those that don't know her, she is a Cyber Gyaru, and an illustrator), but she had recently started selling her own designs on sweaters! I had bought my own to wear, but seeing as her designs are all gyaru we decided to include them in the mag as an advertisement! Super thankful that my friend Marijela was able to meet us and take our photos!!!

This was also the last day I met both of them as I was supposed to move to Germany just two days later, so it was rather bittersweet. (We're still in Japan thanks to rona though!)





After shooting in a few locations we went to a cafe in Harajuku, this one was actually within a Samsung store, but we had taken some photos there too that you will see in the mag!!

Afterwards Marijela had plans, but me and Dededo took some puri before saying goodbye and I went home to do some last minute packing and cleaning... yay T-T





I also wrote a small article aimed for beginners, but I hope experienced gals might like it as well!
Since May/June (depending on countries) is Pride month we wanted to include a pride special as well seeing as our community is so diverse so I contacted both Ethan and Marchirin about an interview, and thankfully both agreed to do it! It was so much fun getting to include them in this part of the magazine and I really hope you will enjoy reading more about them!

Other than that there is so much work that goes into making a magazine, the editors work so hard and I have so much respect for their editing skills and creativity!! I'm trying to boost our visibility as well by contacting websites that talk about Japan and fashion in hopes we can reach more audience, as well as I started and almost finished a marketing course!!
I've definitely learned through Papillon that I enjoy these kind of creative jobs over a normal office job so maybe that's something I should expand on more in the future?

I want to share with you a few pics I took of my outfit for Volume 2!
Like before my boyfriend took my photos, and while I complain a lot every time, he has gotten better hahaha Since we're still in Japan I got some pretty beach photos as well as we had been visiting a temple that day so we took a few there~




Here's my makeup from the day~





I won't bore you more with details, please read Papillon's post on the issue and leave a comment there what you enjoyed most in the mag!
Also please leave a comment here too so that I know you liked my post too hahahah

FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM LEA EMI | TWITTER | CHANNEL |

You Might Also Like

0 conversations