Autumn Colors in Nikko!


Hey beauties!
A bit of a while ago we had a three day weekend and after wondering all weekend what we should do me and my bf decided to wake up super early and go to Nikko!

The day started with me miscalculating when I should wake up to get ready for the train(we needed to leave home at 8), so I almost gave up but somehow got myself together and decided to make do with the time I had!!!

We took the train to Asakusa were we found out after getting our tickets that there is a separate fee for actually getting on the train and the ticket we got was just for the seats... that was really fucked up but you might want to be careful about that, since this applies to some other trains as well!


I slept most of the time to Nikko, but when we got there we got the news that there was really heavy traffic and that the buses that usually took just a few minutes would now take over 40 minutes, while the bus to the waterfall we wanted to see would take 2 hours!!!! That was really disappointing to hear, but we headed over to were most of the shrines are and saw some pretty shrines on the way so it was a good walk either way!!


I thought I had dressed up ok, knowing that it would be colder in Nikko than Tokyo, but no... no I was not dressed well enough! ugh, the cold got to my bones from being out there!!


The bridge is so pretty!!!
I really love this kind of architecture and the red is just so beautiful!



We first went to the Toshogu, which is Ieyasu's resting place!
It was so impressive and I really loved it! The architecture, details, colors.. everything!!!


We spent quite a lot of time in Toshogu, it's rather big but more so it's just so impressive that we couldn't help but spend a quite a lot of time there!



There was a crazy amount of people there, but it costs 1300 yen to get in!
I've complained about paying a high fee to go to these kind of places before, but I really felt I got my money's worth this time around!


Just look at how pretty this is?


We went to some other shrines as well, but most stuff closed at 3:30 so we really couldn't see that much T-T






Behind the scenes~ XD

I really had such a great time in Nikko and am so ready to go there again someday!!!
Had to take a super hot shower after getting home though as it was just too cold!! ><

Also look out for some videos on my Instagram that are not here!


It feels pointless to make a separate post for this, so here is my makeup tutorial I did a few weeks back! Please check it out and leave some feedback under the video itself!

In Papillon news, some things have been changing recently and while it still kinda feels weird to put in words I have taken over as the head of Papillon, but you can read about that here!

We're also about 80% ready with the next issues table of contents and I am super excited about all the ideas we have for the future!
Please keep an eye on our twitter, instagram and facebook as we post news and other fun articles we'll be posting on our homepage's blog!

Thanks for reading and see you next time!!

FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM LEA EMI | TWITTER | CHANNEL |


You Might Also Like

0 conversations