Week 9; Interview with Amiman


On to Week 9!
This time around I am interviewing Amiman, so please read on and learn a bit about this gorgeous gal!
I've always thought I follow and know a lot of gals in the comm, but I only first saw Amiman when we started working on Papillon and I was surprised by my own blindness as she has AMAZING looks and is so sweet!
I'm not missing out anymore, and I hope you haven't been either!!! Check out her instagram if you haven't followed by now!!
There's not a lot of gals that have kept to blogging throughout the years, but Amiman is one of those that have kept it alive!





With that being said you should def check out her blog as well as her looks in Papillon's Volume 2! She made a hair tutorial as well that's adorable!

Let's get to the fun part!

Could you tell me your name, age and location?

My online name is Amiman~ I’m 27 and I’m from New Orleans, Louisiana.

When and how did you first find out about gyaru?

I found out about Gyaru around 2010 / 2011. Initially I was very into the Japanese music scene. I adored visual kei and soon was introduced to oshare kei by the same classmate that introduced me to vkei. From there I would spend my down time researching visual kei and oshare kei makeup tutorials and outfits. Somewhere in my search a Gyaru makeup tutorial popped up. I was instantly intrigued! I would try to find more images like the one that popped up and eventually ended up on Tumblr. I made an account and finally found the term “Gyaru” in tags of the images. One click changed my life! (lol)




Were there any struggles that you can think of first starting out?

The biggest struggle for me when I first started Gyaru was makeup. At the time I only wore eyeshadow and eyeliner occasionally to school. But false eyelashes were a major thing for me to learn. I didn’t own any lashes so I figured that was the first step. The ones I’d see Gyaru models wearing were usually Japanese brands, so I searched for those. Dolly Wink was the first to catch my eye so I bought some. I knew lower lashes was a major thing in Gyaru makeup so I wanted to use them for my first attempt at gyaru makeup. So I cut up a pair of the Dolly Wink lashes and boom! I had never felt so cute before!

I guess I should mention later on trying to be Gyaru for my daily college classes was a struggle. Heels plus walking across campus = hell! Makeup melting in the middle of the day. . . Eyelashes peeling off at the corners! The horror!!



What’s your favorite substyle and what style would you love to try someday?

My favorite substyle is tsuyome even though you won’t see me in it often. I just LOVE the attitude that comes with the style. It’s meant to be a gal with a tough, or kind of badass demeanor. And I love the flashy prints in the clothing, the strong makeup, long blingy nails . . . what’s not to love!
A substyle I’d love to try is between Amekaji and Himegyaru. Amekaji is just so fun, plus I could use a lot of my wardrobe. Himegyaru is a stunning style; oh to be a pretty posh princess~ ♥

Who/what do you look to for inspiration?

Hmm, for inspiration I do look toward the gaijin gyaru community. I pick up things from others that I really like. As for models, recently I’ve been really inspired by Kiiripu. But I’ll always refer back to my all time favorite Gal models like Manya, Yun, and Yumachi. So I guess I find inspiration either through social media of Gaijin gals, or from magazine scans.


Could you tell us a not well known fact about you?

Ohh that’s hard, it depends on where you know me from. If you followed me on tumblr a long time ago I mentioned it but, I was a performing arts kid (lol). I thought music and dance would be my life, I played violin and trained in ballet / tap for 6 years. Played at Jazz Fest and the House of Blues. I even attended a performing arts school, auditioning was the scariest thing (but I made it)!! 




Big thanks to Amiman for responding to my questions! She's also doing the challenge and interviewed Bambi, so definitely check that out!!

Thanks for reading, check out last week if you haven't!!

FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM LEA EMI | TWITTER | CHANNEL |


You Might Also Like

0 conversations